We try to make it as easy as possible to create a survey that is easy to use for everyone. Let us help you to get the best results.
SurveyTool tips for building a perfect survey
- Create your survey in the mother language of the respondents.
- Check your survey on spelling and content.
- State the reason of your survey in the introduction.
- Use your own logo to give your survey a professional look.
- Keep your questions short; 10 seconds max. per question.
- Use a fill-in time of maximum 5-8 minutes per survey.
Survey – Content and structure
- Ask questions on age, education level etc. at the end of the survey
- Give a full spectrum of answers, make sure every possible answer is in the spectrum
- Do not use video- or audio clips, this will distract your respondents
- Test your survey among a small group of trusted respondents to guarantee a genuine feedback.
- Use skipping (routing from question Y to question X) to keep the questions relevant for the respondent.
Target audience and response
- Determine your target audience specifications thoroughly in advance
- Calculate the size of your target audience and how many respondents you need for a representative survey
- Research at what time and day your target audience is best reached. Keep holidays, offices hours and outside weather conditions (beach weather) in mind.
- When sending invitations mention why people are invited and how you required their contactdetails.
- Keep privacy regulations (European GDPR) in mind when sending out invitations.
- Send reminders after 3-5 days
- Keep your reminders at 1 max.